Wednesday 29th November 2023
How to Identify and Treat Brain Tumor
Brain tumor is a serious health condition that can affect all age groups of people such as children, younger, and old age people.
Brain tumors occur because of cell growth in the brain or near the brain. Growth of these cells depends on various factors which we will discuss later on this blog.
Here we will discuss how to prevent brain tumors and what are the ayurvedic treatment for brain tumors.
What is Brain Tumor?
Brain tumor refers to the abnormal growth of the cells in the brain. It is also known as nervous system tumors.
Brain tumors can lead to cancer and generally cancer cells take a lot of time to grow but tumor cells grow faster. As per the research in some rare cases, tumor cells develop into cancerous cells.
What are the Types of Brain Tumors?
According to research, 150 or more types of brain tumors are available. All these brain cells are categorized into two types glial and non-glial.
Here are a few common types of tumors.
- Glomus jugular
Symptoms of Brain Tumor?
- Memory problems
- Vision and hearing issues
- Balance and coordination issues
- Change in personality
What are the Causes of Brain Tumors?
As I mentioned earlier brain tumors can be caused by various reasons.
- A few types of brain tumors are caused by genetic conditions. If you have a family history of brain tumors then you can suffer from brain tumors.
- High-does of ionizing radiation can cause neck cancer and brain tumor.
- A few types of brain tumors come at a certain age. For example, medulloblastomas and ependymoma brain tumors are seen in children.
- IA few types of chemicals such as vinyl chloride, formaldehyde, and pesticides can lead to brain tumors.
How to Prevent Brain Tumor?
- Make sure to avoid radiation as much as possible such as X-rays, CT scans, and radiation therapy.
- Protect yourself from harmful chemicals.
- Make sure to maintain a healthy diet to prevent chronic diseases.
- Quit smoking because that can lead to cancer.
- Make sure to consult with a doctor and go for routine checkups to prevent tumors.
How to Cure Brain Tumor?
Brain tumor treatment depends on various factors.
Generally, a neurosurgeon can safely remove the brain tumor through surgery and in some rare cases, it grows back.
The brain tumor treatment depends on various factors which previously we already mentioned obove.
- Location of the tumors
- Tumor size
- Type of tumor having
- Number of tumors
- Age of the patient
- Health condition
Surgical removal of the tumor is often the initial step if it's accessible and can be safely removed without causing significant damage to critical brain structures.
This treatment uses high-energy beams to target and destroy cancer cells. It may be used before or after surgery, or as the primary treatment for tumors that cannot be surgically removed.
Medications are used to kill cancer cells or inhibit their growth. In the case of brain tumors, chemotherapy is often administered orally or through an IV and may be combined with other treatment modalities.
Targeted drug therapy
Certain brain tumors have specific molecular targets that can be exploited by targeted therapies. These medications are designed to block the growth and spread of cancer cells while minimizing damage to normal cells.
This approach harnesses the body's immune system to recognize and destroy cancer cells. Immunotherapy drugs can stimulate the immune system or target specific proteins on cancer cells to help fight the tumor.
Despite its name, this procedure does not involve actual surgery. Instead, it delivers precise, high-dose radiation to the tumor while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissues.
Depending on the tumor type, its treatment, and potential side effects, supportive care measures may be employed to manage symptoms, such as pain, seizures, or swelling, and to improve the patient's overall quality of life.
Here in this blog, we discussed how you can prevent the brain. What are the remedies to treat brain tumors? If you find this blog useful then feel free to share with others.
Copyright © 2023 Trends In News - All Right Reserved