Friday 23rd February 2024
Stomach Acid Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Stomach acid or gastric acid is a watery colour fluid produced by the stomach. Having too much or too low stomach acid can lead to some serious health concerns.
Stomach acid job is helps to digest the food you eat The lining of your stomach naturally secretion stomach acid and it is controlled by the nervous system as well as hormones in your body.
Due to some health conditions, your stomach produces too much or too little stomach condition.
What Can Cause High Stomach Acid
Several conditions cause too much acid in your stomach. Below we mentioned common reasons check it to find more details.
Rebound Acid Hypersrection
H2 blockers are medications that are used to lower stomach acid but after stopping consuming this medication there are chances that can increase the stomach acid in your stomach.
Zollinger Ellison Syndrome
It's a rare health condition that is caused when you have a tumour called gastrinoma in the stomach that leads to producing high-level stomach acid in the stomach.
Helicobacter Pylori Infection
Pylori is a bacterial infection in the stomach that causes ulcers in the stomach. Due to that, it produces stomach acid.
Gastric Outlet Obstruction
When the path stomach to the intestine is blocked then that can also produce more stomach acid.
Chronic Kidney Failure
In some of the rare cases of kidney failure or those undergoing dialysis that can also lead to produce more stomach acid.
What are the Symptoms of High Stomach Acid
- Felling stomach discomfort.
- You might feel discomfort due to stomach acid.
- Feeling nausea and vomiting due to stomach acid.
- Don’t have an appetite
- Weight loss
What are the Side Effects of Stomach Acid
Having too much stomach acid can lead to some serious health concerns.
Too much stomach acid can affect your stomach lining and develop peptic ulcers in the stomach.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Diseases
It's a health condition that occurs when stomach acid back into the oesophagus.
That can lead to bleeding in your digestive tract.
Is There are Any Risk Factors
25% to 30% of the people suffer from gastrinomas because of the genetic issues. That might lead to the pancreas and duodenum.
If you are consuming some medications due to stomach acid but after the course is complete you might have rebound refluxes.
What Treatment Options You Have
- You can use protein pump inhibitors to treat lower stomach production.
- PPIs can be helpful to lower your stomach acid.
- If you are suffering from pylori infection then consult with a doctor and ask for antibiotics to treat the infection.
- In some rare cases, surgery might be necessary so before it's too late make sure to consult with a doctor.
- Dietary changes might help to treat stomach acid.
- Eat smaller meals and eat frequently.
- Consume low-carb foods.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, caffeine, and carbonate-containing food.
- Avoid hot spicy foods.
When is the Right Time
- If you are having frequent GERD symptoms then visit a doctor.
- If you are consuming heartburn medication twice a week and it's getting worse.
Here are a Few Ways to Prevent Stomach Acid
- Many research confirmed that sleeping left side of your stomach is helpful in decreasing stomach acid while sleeping.
- Use a pillow to elevate your head that helps to prevent acid reflux while sleeping.
- Eating earlier can help to prevent acid reflux.
- Raw onion can trigger stomach acid that’s why eat cooked onion.
- Excess belly fat can push lower esophageal sphincter away from the diaphragm which can lead to stomach acid so make sure to maintain a healthy weight.
- Consuming high-carb food can worsen your stomach acid refluxes that’s why make sure to consume low-carb food.
- Alcohol can trigger your acid refluxes so make sure to avoid consuming it.
- Consuming caffine can trigger acid refluxes make sure to limit your consumption to prevent it.
- Drinking too much citrus juice, grape juice, and orngage can trigger acid refluxes so make sure to avoid it.
- If you are suffering from acid reflux then make sure to avoid peppermint and spearmint.
- Make sure to avoid spicey and unhealthy foods such as fried foods, spicy foods, bacon, pizza, and sausage.
- According to some research, salvia helps to neutralize the acid in your stomach acid but smoking can reduce the amount of saliva and trigger acid reflux.
How Do You Get Rid of Acid Refluxes
The best way to get rid of acid refluxes is to consume antibiotics that help to relieve the acid refluxes.
What Can I Drink to Get Rid of Acid Reflux
You can consume herbal tea, low-fat or plant-based milk, and coconut water to reduce acid reflux.
Will Acid Reflux go Away on its Own
Generally, it goes away on its own but after serval days it's not going away then we suggest consulting with a doctor as soon as possible.
Here in this blog, we discussed various things regarding acid reflux. We also share tips and tricks to prevent it and treat it.
Copyright © 2023 Trends In News - All Right Reserved