Friday 23rd February 2024
Why Do My Ear Itching; Causes and Treatment
An itchy ear is a common health problem that can caused by various reasons such as; infection, skin condition, or ear blockage. You might feel a little irritated due to the ear itching.
Its treatment depends on the underlying conditions such as antibiotics, ear drops, and many more. Here in this article, we will discuss causes and treatment.
What are the Causes of Ear Infection
If your skin doesn’t produce enough wax then that can lead to dry skin and cause ear itching. You may also see flakes coming out from the ear.
In some cases, earwax buildup can also lead to itching ear or irritation.
Conditions That Cause Itchy Ear
If a person suffering from psoriasis and eczema that can lead to itchy ears. In some of the rare cases, it can lead to rashes.
Ear Canal Dermatitis
If your ear canal is infected then it might lead to itchy ear and ear canal dermatitis. It can also caused by allergic reactions due to your metal earrings and personal care products.
Hearing Aid Use
Hearing aids create pressure on the air and then cause ear itching. In some cases, it can cause an allergic reaction and cause hearing itching.
Here are the Symptoms of Itching Ear
- Itchy throats
- Skin disorders.
- Ringing ears.
- Felling clogged in ears.
- Swollen ears.
- Drainage or discharge ear.
- Muffled earring.
Can You Prevent Itchy Ears
- Use a cotton, swab, cotton ball, or cotton pins to clean your ear.
- If your ear produces excess earwax then you can use an ear drop or bulb syringe.
- Don’t use personal care products.
- Don’t use jewelry for the time being.
- While swimming cover your ear otherwise it can lead to ear itching.
Treatment of Itchy Ear
Here are a few common treatments for itchy ears. Follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of the itchy ear.
- Dry skin can cause itchy ears so use baby oil to treat itchy ears.
- Sometimes oral antibiotics cause ear infections and lead to ear pus so make sure to consult with a doctor before consuming.
- Use bactrian or neosporin ointment to treat it.
- You can also use a steroid ointment to relieve inflammation and prevent itchy ears.
- If you have otitis externa then that can also lead to itchy ears.
Here are some tips;
If you are planning to use an ointment then we suggest consulting with a doctor. If your eardrum is ruptured then we suggest consulting with a doctor as soon as possible.
Avoid scratching your ear otherwise, it might get worsen your ear condition.
Here in this blog, we discussed various things regarding itchy ears. We mentioned ways to prevent it and treat it. If you find this blog useful then do share it with others.
Copyright © 2023 Trends In News - All Right Reserved